Lauren Kussro’s pod. Photo by Erica Ciccarone.
For those that applied to participate in Modular Art Pods at OZ Arts Nashville, thank you! We received over 100 submissions for pods and performances. You should have received an e-mail from me confirming receipt of your submission. If you did not receive this e-mail, please e-mail me as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next, the organizing team will go over the submissions and send out questions to the applicants. We hope to notify the applicants about their status on or around November 28th. We’ll then begin formally announcing the participants in early December.
We received SO MANY wonderful submissions. It’s going to be an amazing show!
Megan Kelly and Stephen Zerne’s pod at inaugural show. Photo by Alison Rinner.
You have one day left to submit to participate in Modular Art Pods, taking place at OZ Arts Nashville June 21 to 25, 2016.
Get on it! Submit here.
For those who have already submitted (as of 8 p.m. on November 17), you should have received an e-mail from me confirming receipt. If you submitted before 8 p.m. tonight but HAVEN’T heard from me, please contact me as soon as possible: email@example.com.
Alison Rinner and Becky Fox Matthew’s pod at MAPs Abrasive Media, February 2015.
There are only 7 days left to submit a pod or performance for Modular Art Pods at OZ Arts Nashville, happening June 21 to 25, 2016. The application deadline is Wednesday, November 18th at 11:59 p.m.
Follow this link to apply.
Gordon Roque’s pod at the Abrasive Media show. Photo by Alison Rinner.
The call for artists for Modular Art Pods at OZ Arts Nashville in June 2016 is now open! The installation will be up for five days, June 21 to 25 from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. As a part of OZ’s Thursday Night Things series, we will have special live performances on Thursday, June 23 from 6 to 8 p.m.
We’re looking for two types of participants: 1. Artists who will build their own art pods. 2. Performers who will perform in 3-hour time slots in special pre-built performance pods.
OZ Arts will provide a stipend for pod construction materials. We’re still working out the exact amount, but it will be at least $50.
Applications must be submitted between September 30 and November 18, 2015. Before you submit, please read our About page, the Pod Rules, and the Pod Building Guides.
You may continue editing your responses until the deadline of November 18th, 2015. You are welcome to submit multiple ideas. Just fill out a separate application for each.
When you’re ready, apply here.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m happy to announce that the second edition of Modular Art Pods will be coming to OZ Arts in Nashville, Tennessee in June of 2016. The installation will be up for five days, June 21st to 25th from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. As a part of OZ’s Thursday Night Things series, we will have special live performances on Thursday, June 23rd from 6 to 8 p.m. Read more about it at OZArtsNashville.org.
We are very close to announcing the Call for Entries. So you can better prepare your submission, please note the following changes this time around:
- We are shooting for approximately 50 pods this time. The inaugural event featured 30.
- The tunnel will be split into “levels” comprised of 4 to 8 pods each. Between every level will be open space, so attendees can enter/exit frequently and choose a nonlinear path if they wish.
- There will be at least 2 levels that are accessible and walkable, meaning guests will not have to crawl through. Most of the pods in these sections will be 8’x8′ or 6’x6′ pods. We want as many large pods as we can get, so if you’re interested building one, let us know.
- All crawling pods now require a comfortable floor, such as carpet or foam.
- Because the exhibit will be open for five days, we have to rethink how we do performance pods. There are at least two approaches you can take:
1. Your pod can be self-sustaining without performances throughout the week, and on Thursday, June 23rd from 6 to 8 p.m. you can host a special performance inside of it/around it.
2. You can choose a range of days and times in special “performance pods.” In these 8’x8′ pods, which the organizers and performers build together, the performances rotate. For example, from 12 to 3 p.m., there may be an aerial silk collective performing. From 3 to 6 p.m., there may be an experimental improv music group.
- We will provide a stipend to help offset the pod costs. We’re still working on figuring out the exact amount and looking for sponsors to help subsidize. Let us know if you have recommendations for sponsors and/or grants.
Keep these things in mind when thinking about what you’d like to submit. If you have any questions, feel free to contact me at email@example.com.
Here’s a video of the inaugural MAPs at abrasiveMedia earlier this year.
Here’s a video I made while crawling through Modular Art Pods at abrasiveMedia. Enjoy.